OCTOBER 12, 2016 — Fairfax, VA — On Friday, October 21, 2016, Fairfax County elected officials, community partners and county staff will host a two-part ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate the launch of Capital Bikeshare in Fairfax County.
The Capital Bikeshare program will provide residents and visitors short-term, on-demand access to bicycles at 29 stations located in Reston and Tysons, and is part of a regional network of more than 400 stations in the District of Columbia, Arlington County, the City of Alexandria, Fairfax County and Montgomery County. The Fairfax County portion of the Bikeshare system officially opens to the public on Friday, October 21, 2016.
- Fairfax County Board of Supervisors Chairman Sharon Bulova
- Hunter Mill District Supervisor Catherine Hudgins
- Tysons Partnership President Michael Caplin
- Fairfax County Bicycle Program Manager Adam Lind
- Friday, October 21, 2016
- Reston: 2 p.m.; Tysons: Approximately 3:15 p.m.
Reston Celebration – Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station
- Capital Bikeshare station on the plaza at bus bay F 1862 Wiehle Avenue, Reston, VA 20190
- After the conclusion of the Reston celebration, take Metrorail Silver Line (approximately between 2:36-2:58 p.m.) for an 8-minute trip to the Spring Hill Metrorail Station in Tysons.
Tysons Celebration – Spring Hill Metrorail Station
- Capital Bikeshare station located just as you exit the station on the east side of route 7
- 1576 Spring Hill Road, Vienna, VA 22182
To be directed on site, contact:
- Reston – Anna Nissinen at 571-446-9940, TTY 711
- Tysons – Tonya McCreary at 571-363-0226, TTY 711
- View the official invitation with a map here.
Twitter: @bikeshare & @ffxconnector
Facebook: facebook.com/CapitalBikeshare & facebook.com/fairfaxconnector
News and Information
Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need this information in an alternate format or would like to request reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency for events, contact FCDOT at 703-877-5600, TTY 711. Requests for assistance must be received at least 7 business days in advance of an event.
Originally published by Fairfax County Department of Transportation News Room on October 12, 2016.